- A medium sized apple will give you approximately 90 calories, and 4 grams of fiber. The fiber will keep you full longer than most snacks.
- Just one apple a day may reduce the risk of developing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), according to researchers from the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.
- Studies from the University of Notthingham state that you’ll have a lower risk of asthma, and better lung function, if you include apples regularly in your diet.
- Apples and apple juice can increase the production of acetylcholine, an essential brain neurotransmitter, which enhances cognitive function and improves memory.
- In separate research studies, University of Hawaii and Finland’s National Public Health Institute both found apple consumption reduced the risk of lung cancer.
- The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published a 2012 study that found consuming apples, blueberries and pears will lower your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Always eat the peel but make sure it’s organic. The apple peel contains ursolic acid, which is associated with a lower risk of obesity in mice. Ursolic acid boosts the amount of calories burned and increases skeletal muscle.
- Cornell researchers found that the apple peel contains around a dozen compounds that inhibit or kill cancer cells.
Have an apple or two a day and stay healthy!
You are one thing only. You are a Divine Being. An all-powerful Creator. You are a Deity in jeans and a t-shirt, and within you dwells the infinite wisdom of the ages and the sacred creative force of All that is, will be and ever was. – Anthon St. Maarten
Bentonite clay has numerous uses including detoxing the body, treating bone fractures, insect bites, rashes, pimples, foot soaks, baths, and remineralizing teeth. I really love what it does for my skin. It makes an excellent face and body mask, it shrinks pores, tones and tightens, and removes impurities.
Turmeric helps to diminish wrinkles, exfoliates, evens skin tone, and brightens the skin. It’s anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial properties make it an effective treatment for pimples.
Here’s the basic recipe.
- 1/4 teaspoon of powdered organic turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of bentonite clay
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
Mix well with a wooden or plastic spoon. Do not use metal. Apply evenly to face and neck, avoiding the eye and lip area. Let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Remove gently with a wet, wash cloth. While the mask is drying, It will become tight and you may feel it pulsating, this is normal. Also, your face might be a little red afterwards. Sometimes the redness lasts up to an hour.
I use this mask 3-4 times a month and it leaves my face soft, smooth and glowing.
You can also add honey or almond milk, coconut oil, and aloe vera juice.
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. - Audrey Hepburn
I love to juice every day because fruits and vegetables provide my body with structured water, vitamins, amino acids, minerals, antioxidants, simple sugars, and chlorophyll. Juicing takes the fiber out of the plant, leaving behind a pure, concentrated, liquid energy that feeds every cell in my body, without the body needing to break it down.
I like having a juice between my fruit breakfast and lunch time, as it keeps me satiated and gives me instant energy.
Years ago, one of the first things I noticed after I started juicing regularly, was that my complexion improved, my hair got thicker and my nails became stronger. I remember thinking, if it’s doing a noticeable job on the outside of me, imagine what it’s doing on the inside!
If you’re green on the inside, you’re clean on the inside. – Dr. Bernard Jensen
Having fruit for breakfast is the best choice. Your body has been fasting all night while sleeping, so breaking the fast with fruit is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Fruit is easy to digest and gives you energy fast.
Did you know…?
One cup of strawberries has more vitamin C than an orange.
There are approximately 200 seeds in one strawberry.
Strawberries can help whiten your teeth. Rub a strawberry on your teeth and let set for a few minutes.
The Latin name for strawberry is fragaria ananassa.
Researchers at Harvard’s Brigham and Woman’s Hospital found that strawberries and other berries can delay cognitive impairments.
Strawberries have high amounts of phyto-chemicals called ellagic acid and anthocyanins. These protect against premature aging, cancer, inflammation and neurological diseases.
Strawberries can help to prevent cataracts and other eye degeneration.
Strawberries are an excellent source of manganese, a trace mineral that is essential for maintaining healthy bones, absorbing calcium and creating enzymes that build strong bones and also for the proper functioning of sex hormones.
Every thought we think is creating our future. – Louise Hay
I use all organic Ingredients.
- 2-3 stalks. bulb and fronds of fennel
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 apples
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 lemon peeled
The benefits of fennel include relief from colic, flatulence, constipation, diarrhea, and respiratory disorders. It is also known to regulate menstrutation by regulating hormonal activiy.
You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one. -unknown
I had delicious, juicy pineapple pieces for lunch.
Did you know…?
Pineapple is high in vitamin C which is great for the immune system. It’s also a good source of thiamine, B12, folate, copper, manganese and fiber.
Pineapples contain enzymes called bromelain that reduce inflammation, bruising, pain and accelerate wound healing time. Bromelain is helpful for reducing inflammation from tendinitis, muscle injuries, sprains and strains.
Bromelain was approved for treatment of sinus and nasal swelling after trauma or ear, nose and throat surgery by the German Commission E (the German equivalent of the FDA).
Bromelain can kill some viruses and bacteria.
Bromelain is helpful in reducing the pain of osteoarthritis.
In 2000, the Annals of Internal Medicine reported bromelain supplementation helped to heal patients with ulcerative colitis.
Research published in the journal Planta Medica found that bromelain was superior to the chemotherapy drug 5-fluorauracil in treating cancer in an animal study.
The core of the pineapple has the most concentration of bromelain.
Have you ever sprinkled some cinnamon on pineapple? Try it!
Have you ever juiced pineapple with purple cabbage?
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi