Did you ever lick the bowls and spoons when your mother made cakes? I did…of course I wouldn’t do that now but I sure did enjoy it as a child. This smoothie tastes like lemon cake mix batter.
- 2 ripe frozen bananas (I use really dark ripe ones)
- juice of one large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- big handful of grapes
- cold filtered water with 2 teaspoons of ground chia
Add a little water to your blender, then rest of ingredients. Blend and add more water to get your desired consistency. Your results may vary depending on the sweetness of the grapes and bananas. Enjoy!
- Let chia soak for at least 15-20 minutes. I’ve been keeping a water pitcher full of ionized alkaline water mixed with ground chia seeds in the fridge.
- Grate lemon and save the zest in the freezer for future use. The peel contains limonene which is chemotherapeutic and chemopreventative against cancer. Read more about the benefits of drinking lemon water here.
- Keep frozen ripe, peeled bananas in the freezer for non dairy ice creams and smoothies instead of using ice cubes.
- Use very little water and these same ingredients to make a non dairy ice cream treat.
Quote for the day:
Your true career is your joyful, balanced life experience. -Abraham Hicks