I had a wonderful vacation in Humboldt County, California. Blackberries grow wild everywhere there on the roadsides and fields. My friends and I picked them every day. I miss being able to pick them fresh and eat them right away, fortunately blackberries are available at most grocery stores and even though they seem quite expensive in comparison to other fruits, they are well worth every penny.
Here are 7 Reasons to Eat More Blackberries.
- Blackberries have the highest amount of antioxidants than any other food on the planet! The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that a 2006 study showed that blackberries content of antioxidants were 5.75 millimoles per serving. That’s more than any other food. Next on the list is walnuts and strawberries.
- Studies show that the antioxidant compounds found in blackberries such as rutin, ellagic acid, gallic acid, tannins, cyanidins, catechins, pelargonidins and salicylic acids are beneficial against inflammation, cancer, aging and neurological diseases.
- Blackberries contain minerals like manganese, potassium, copper and magnesium.
- Blackberries are a good source of vitamin C. 100 grams of blackberries contain 23 mg of vitamin C which helps to boost the immune system, fight infection and reduce pain and inflammation.
- Blackberries contain vitamin A, vitamin K and vitamin E.
- Blackberries have 5347 ORAC value per 100 grams. ORAC is oxygen radical absorbance capacity.
- The ellagic acid in blackberries inhibits the growth of tumors.
You are the one in control. Stop, explore yourself, and rid yourself of the thoughts, images, and feelings that bind you. Become free and healthy and your body will readjust itself to match. Become love. ~ Dr. Robert Morse