SpicyBuffalo Cauliflower ‘Wings’ Recipe from PETA Living
- 1 cup water or soy milk
- 1 cup flour (any kind will work—even gluten-free!)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup buffalo or hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or melted vegan margarine
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Combine the water or soy milk, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes. While the cauliflower is baking, combine your buffalo sauce and olive oil or margarine in a small bowl. Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 to 8 minutes. Serve alongside vegan blue cheese dressing and celery sticks. Makes 4 servings.
Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe from Group Recipes
- 1/4 block of firm or extra firm tofu
- dash of garlic powder
- 1 cup of veganaise. (vegan mayo)
- 1/4 tsp tahini (sesame seed paste) Can be made without this, but it’s better with!
- dash lemon juice
- dash apple cider vinegar
In medium size bowl, mix all ingredients except the tofu. You have to be the judge of this recipe and taste as you go. The vinegar and lemon juice give it tang, so use them sparingly. Start out with little splashes (like a teaspoon at a time of each and just taste until you achieve the taste you want. Mix until it’s a nice, smooth consistency. Crumble tofu. (this will be the “lumps” in your blue cheese dressing) Add to your dressing mixture.
Watch the video.