We made this in my raw food class. It’s my favorite raw cuisine dessert so far. Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup of raw cashews (soaked and drained for 6 hours)
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates
- 3 ripe medium sized bananas
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (you can substitute with coconut water)
- 2 cups of walnuts (soaked 4-6 hours then dehydrated 8-10 hours)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons of shredded coconut to decorate top of pie
First make the pie crust. Blend all of the pie crust ingredients in food porcessor with an “S” blade until blended but still slightly chunky. Put the pie crust in an 8 inch round pie. Use both of your hands, patting it down and making it even in middle and on the sides.
For the pie filling add dates, cashews, bananas, and vanilla to food processor. Blend until smooth. If it’s grainy continue to blend. Then add oil and cacao powder. Blend well. Slowly add the almond milk and continue to blend well. Pour the filling into the pie crust. Sprinkle coconut on top for decoration. Freeze to set for 4 hours. Defrost for 30 minutes before serving.
Even though this recipe is raw vegan, keep in mind this contains nuts and oil so it’s high in fat. I had a tiny piece as you can see in the last photo.
Thought for the day:
“Infuse love into every situation.” -Daniel Scranton, The Creators.